Thursday, October 9, 2008

Crochet? Really?

As I was driving this morning ( most of my good thinking happens when I'm on my way to work) I again was pondering the subject I would blog about today and it struck me that the title of my blog is "Crochet Crazy" yet I've never blogged about my love of crochet or my current projects.

Now some may say that the title (and screen name I use for email and on Ravelry and on my business cards) may indicate my love of crochet but I think it more accurately describes the way my closest friends and family think of me.

I crochet every free moment I have. I do it because I love it. I love the feel of the different yarns passing through my fingers; I love the idea of something beautiful and functional evolving from a single strand of fiber; I love the peace it brings with the rhythmic motions that crochet inevitably evokes. My greatest joy is giving to those I love something I poured a little piece of myself into and seeing their faces light up with thankfulness.

I'm currently working feverishly making adult, teen and baby hats, scarves, booties and the like, for upcoming fall craft sales to help finance my impending wedding. And although I must admit I feel a bit under the gun ( the first sale being only 2 weeks away) I still find joy in the art and the thought of someone receiving one of my hand made items and wearing it in good health makes me smile.

Today's Thankful Thoughts:

  • The love of my life, forever and always, my Fiance, Ben
  • A good fresh haircut
  • The sound of rain on a metal roof and the ability to hear it
  • New friends
  • Old, but none the less dear, friends
Take a moment and think about things that you are thankful for today.. I bet you'll be surprised by the effect it has on the rest of your day :D

No comments: