Wednesday, October 8, 2008

See this always happens ( and thankful things)

I have great intentions. I really do. But you know what they say about good intentions? Well.. I'm not going to say it. I'm sure it's on the web to look up if you really don't know.

But seriously, I start a blog ( or something of the like) get all fired up about it.. do it faithfully for a week or so (if I'm lucky) then I let life get in the way. Is this a fatal character flaw? I don't know.

I do know this - A great many times we let that monster called "life" get in the way of the really important things. Like spending time with our children or spouse; giving of our time to the needy; time spent in prayer. There just always, always, always seems to be something "better" or more important to do other than what we "should" be doing. It makes me sad to think of all the waisted moments spent surfing for the next crochet pattern, or watching the latest hot TV show or .. anything really, when that time could, and should, be spent creating a legacy with our lives. Weather or not we have children or a spouse.

Todays Thankful Thoughts:

  • Forever, always, with all my heart, my Fiance
  • The smile on my son's face after his first Jujitsu class
  • The peaceful look on my beautiful daughters face as she sleeps
  • Dog kisses
  • Peace - as brief and fleeting as it may be

No comments: